Commonwealth Girl Education Fund (CGEF), formerly the Commonwealth Countries League Education Fund (CCLEF)
56 Morant Place,
London N22 8HT
Registered Charity Number 1048908.
Access to and use of this Site is provided by the CGEF subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Your use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
- CGEF reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Copyright Restrictions:
- All rights reserved; no part of the Site, including, but not limited to, information, images, photos, logos, names and icons may be copied, republished, posted, used, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders.
- External links to CGEF websites:Photography:
- The existence of a link from any person’s/organisation’s site to the Site does not imply that CGEF endorses the activities or views of that person or organisation.
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
- The Site and all information, regarding or relating to CGEF, its activities and services (or to third party products and services) is provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘IS AVAILABLE’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- CGEF does not accept any liability whatsoever for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of the Site.
- CGEF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material included in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or information updated regularly or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the Site must be terminated immediately.
Who We Are
CGEF, formerly the CCLEF, has sponsored thousands of bright girls through secondary education since 1967. Without our help, these girls would not otherwise receive an education and their lives would be very different indeed. The charity’s founders, the Commonwealth Countries League (CCL), formed out of the suffrage in the 1920s, support our work with the help of the High Commissions in London through the annual Commonwealth Fair and other fundraising events.
Registered Charity Number 1048908.
Why We May Collect Your Data
You may at times be asked to supply personal information via the CGEF/SOTC website. Personal information is anything that enables us to identify you in some way, such as your name and an email address. If you supply such information, we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that such information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and also to ensure that the data is held securely.
We may collect and record information in order for us to understand more about how our site is used and in turn to make sure that the site reflects your needs. To do this we may send cookies to your PC.
A cookie is a small file that contains information that allows us to recognise that you have used the site before, but will not contain any other personal data.
Setting your session cookie: This cookie maintains the integrity of your session while transacting information with the website (accessing secure areas, forms submissions etc.)
A cookie notice cookie is set on pressing ‘no problem’. This records your click to accept cookies on the site. If you do not want cookies to be stored on your PC it is possible to disable this function within your browser without affecting your navigation around the site.
In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, click on Settings, click on the Privacy tab and then use the slider bar to choose the level of privacy you want.
In Firefox, click on Tools, click on Options, click on Privacy, click on the Cookies tab and choose your level of privacy.
In order to process Direct Debit, Credit Card or other financial transactions we may ask for your bank or card details. In order to do this you will be directed to a secure site.
The CGEF/SOTC website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by CGEF. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not managed by CGEF/SOTC.
Who We Share Information With
CGEF/SOTC does not rent or sell mailing details to any third party.
Access to your Information
CGEF does not charge for supplying this information and will reply within 40 days of receipt of your request. It will help us to locate your records more easily if you can tell us something about the nature of your contact with CGEF.